When it comes to kitchen appliances, our top choices often depend on price. The Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer and the KitchenAid Stand Mixer are both high-quality machines which can cost about the same; however, they come in different sizes depending on how many accessories you want. If you’re not too keen on spending the money for an extra-large machine with a ton of attachments, then this article will help you decide which mixer is better for your needs.
Hamilton Beach vs. KitchenAide: Comparing Features
– Hamilton Beach has more power than KitchenAide (500 watts vs 300 watts).
– Both machines have 3 mixing speeds and a programmable timer.
– Hamilton Beach is more durable (stainless steel vs plastic), but both have a splash guard. Although KitchenAid’s is better designed, it isn’t very effective in keeping liquids from flying out of the bowl.
– Hamilton Beach comes with 2 beaters and KitchenAide only comes with one (bucket). As another plus, Hamilton Beach’s beater ends are stainless steel while KitchenAide’s beaters are plastic. Plastic tends to melt when in contact with hot or warm foods.
– Hamilton Beach has a 10-year limited warranty while KitchenAid only offers a 1-year warranty on their machines.
– KitchenAid has 16 attachments and Hamilton Beach only has 9. KitchenAid comes with more options in the way of paddles, whisks and dough hooks; and Hamilton Beach comes with more beaters.
– The Hamilton Beach Mixer has a fan which blows air into the mixing bowl to prevent lumps, but it does not increase power or speed of the motor. On the other hand, a fan does make for an easier cleanup; you are able to rinse them out without using a sponge or dull knife.
– The Hamilton Beach Mixer is made from steel while the KitchenAide is made from plastic (although plastic isn’t necessarily bad).
– Hamilton Beach’s machine only comes in white while KitchenAid offers a variety of colors.
Hamilton Beach vs KitchenAid: Pricing and Availability
– Hamilton Beach is available at WalMart, Target, Costco and other retailers.
– Hamilton Beach is on sale for $69.99 ($50 off) at WalMart, Expedia, Thrillist, Overstock and Amazon.
– The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is often on sale for around $225 (depending on color). Currently it’s available at Amazon (white), Amazon (red), Lowes, Sears and Cabelas. Note that the price may vary based on color.
Hamilton Beach vs. KitchenAid: Verdict
Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer: Pros
– High number of attachments (great for versatility)
– Stainless steel beaters and no need to replace them after overheating food.
– Available in several colors (while KitchenAid is only available in white with some color options)
– Cheap and affordable deal on Amazon.com ($50 off!)
– Hamilton Beach Mixer has a good sturdy base while the KitchenAide’s is flimsy. While both machines have a splash guard, Hamilton Beach’s keeps liquids from flying out of the bowl better than KitchenAid’s.
– Hamilton Beach Mixer is more durable than KitchenAid.
– Comes with a 10-year limited warranty on all parts of the machine.
– The mixer has 1 extra beater (with a storage lid), which many people prefer over the bowl with one, but this may depend on your needs.
– Plastic beaters tend to melt over hot foods. They also prevent easy food transfer. (This only happens if you use the wrong beaters)
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: Pros: – Higher speed than Hamilton Beach (300 watts vs 500 watts).
– Better design and more durable than Hamilton Beach’s (stainless steel bowl vs plastic).
– Comes with more attachments than Hamilton Beach which may come in handy when you’re looking to make a lot of different types of recipes. (such as breads, cookies, pies, cakes and other baked goods)
– Does not have as many attachments on it. (16 vs. 9)
– KitchenAid is more expensive than Hamilton Beach for a similar machine. This can be difficult to justify if you already own one of the participants models or if you’re on a budget. Note that the price of KitchenAid may vary based on color and availability. Check out Amazon.com or Ebay for some coupons when they’re available (like today).
– KitchenAid has a poor warranty compared to Hamilton Beach’s 10-year limited warranty.
Important: If you run into problems with your mixer or have questions, contact the manufacturer directly or call the customer care number listed at Kohls.com or Lowes.com. Before deciding whether to go with Hamilton Beach vs. KitchenAid, it’s important to know how important each is to your kitchen (and what your needs are).
If you’re planning on spending a lot of money on your future appliances, you should at least consider getting the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer. It is made from steel and has more power. While it’s not recommended to leave the beaters in the bowl while they’re not in use, Hamilton Beach’s beater ends are durable and don’t melt into the food (unlike KitchenAid’s).
Keep in mind that KitchenAid offers more attachments; but if your needs are limited to mixing, I would recommend Hamilton Beach over KitchenAid. Lastly, make sure you read Hamilton Beach vs. KitchenAid reviews as well as this article. If you’ve decided that it’s the right choice for you, then go ahead and buy the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer by clicking below!
Does KitchenAid make Hamilton Beach?
If you understand the difference between Hamilton Beach and KitchenAid, it’s important to know that they are two completely different companies. Hamilton Beach products are made by Hamilton Beach Corporation while KitchenAid is made by The KitchenAid Company. Next time you’re passing by a store, make sure to ask if their products are made by KitchenAid or if they’re made by Hamilton Beach; and take note of the answer. Lastly, this is all important because some people might be put off by the fact that KitchenAid makes Hamilton Beach (even though it’s not true), which could lead them to think that all of their kitchen appliances are low-quality.
Will the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer work for me?
The Hamilton Beach Mixer is a fantastic mixer for those who want to buy a reliable, durable and powerful industrial style mixer that won’t cost too much. If you have an intermittent problem with your KitchenAid or if you’re looking to buy a new kitchen appliance, then Hamilton Beach might be the machine for you; but remember that it’s not as durable and won’t last as long as KitchenAid’s. Also, I would highly recommend buying the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer from Amazon.com because this is where Amazon has the best deals on Hamilton Beach models. You could save $50 off the original price or get a coupon code available right now (like today).
What mixer is better than KitchenAid?
If you’re unable to decide between Hamilton Beach vs. KitchenAid, then I would encourage you to take a look at this article. You might have noticed that some people already have their minds made up on what they think is the best mixer (or they may just be looking for opinions), which is perfectly valid. But either way, I think it’s important to read both perspectives in order to make a well-informed decision.
Why do people prefer KitchenAid over Hamilton Beach?
When it comes to household appliances, people tend to get upset over the fact that their mixer can’t handle hard food. This is because, like most other appliances, the KitchenAid and Hamilton Beach are made out of plastic. Plastic is an inexpensive material that offers a lot of versatility (when compared to metals), but it’s doesn’t flex enough to properly crush hard foods such as ice cream and nuts.
Depending on your needs, choosing a Hamilton Beach machine might not be worth your money. While it’s important for a mixer to be durable and last for years (and perhaps pass on down to your grandkids one day), you don’t need one that can handle hard ingredients; for this reason I would recommend going with KitchenAid in this scenario. If you don’t need the durability that KitchenAid offers, then Hamilton Beach may be ideal for you.
Which brand stand mixer is the best?
KitchenAid and Hamilton Beach are the two most well-known brands when it comes to stand mixers. Both of them offer a very similar product that can be used in the kitchen by cooks of all skill levels. If you’re not a professional chef or you don’t own a restaurant, then Hamilton Beach is the way to go. It’s a reliable structure that works well and offers power like KitchenAid’s but without some of the frills they offer such as appearance and style.
If you’re still looking for an alternative (and don’t want to spend over $100 on one), then check out our list of Best Mixers Under $100 article which features 7 different products (that vary in price). It’s important to know that some of these mixers may not be as durable or may have problems working properly.
Are KitchenAid Mixer attachments compatible with Hamilton Beach?
While it’s important to know that KitchenAid and Hamilton Beach are two different brands, it’s also important to know that the accessories from one brand will work with the other brand’s mixer. However, it should be noted that there has been some controversy over whether or not KitchenAid mixer attachments will fit on a Hamilton Beach mixer. While this is true for many models, there are some flaws in the design of their accessories (which can cause them to fall apart).
Are KitchenAid mixers being discontinued?
Many people are concerned that KitchenAid might be discontinuing their products. This is completely untrue. KitchenAid makes all of their mixers using the same materials as Hamilton Beach and they cost the same amount regardless of whether you buy a KitchenAid or Hamilton Beach machine. Not only are their products still sold in stores, but it’s possible for you to purchase one just like any other kitchen appliance. Of course, it’s not all good news; there have been rumors that the company plan on shuttering its corporate headquarters as well as moving its corporate headquarters to Texas (which is a pretty questionable choice).
KitchenAid or Hamilton Beach? It depends on what you need. Both of these companies offer strong, durable mixers which offer a lot of power and a lot of utility. If you’re looking for a machine that can last for years and years to come, then KitchenAid is the way to go. But if you’re just buying an appliance for your kitchen that you plan to keep for 2-3 years, then Hamilton Beach will be ideal. Hamilton Beach offers features such as digital control panels, stainless steel body and extra attachments; but KitchenAid offers more power in the form of multiple speeds, kneading blades and much more. It’s important to ultimately make a decision based on what you want out of your mixer.