Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual, The
Steelstone Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Nor is any
liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained
herein. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information
contained in this manual is complete and accurate, The Steelstone Group is not
engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual consumer;
further, The Steelstone Group shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage
allegedly arising from any information or suggestion in this manual.
Congratulations on your purchase of the Air Fryer from Gourmia, exclusively
designed for healthier cooking!
If you are one the those people who enjoy the great crisp and crunchy goodness
of fired foods, yet shy away from unhealthy foods – you’ve made the right choice.
With your new Gourmia Air Fryer, preparing fresh and healthy air fried foods is
only moments away. We’re confident that you’ll find your new Gourmia Air Fryer
easy and fun to use, with the end results being a great tasting and healthy treat.
The pages of this manual offer comprehensive instructions to guide you through
the functions and features of the Gourmia Air Fryer. Inside, you will also find
information on its modes of operation, complete step-by-step
instructions for the operation, assembly, cleaning, and maintenance of your
Please read all safety instructions thoroughly to ensure safe usage at all times.
Thank you for your purchase. We sincerely hope you will enjoy this as well as all
the many innovative products brought to you by Gourmia.
Read all instructions before using the electrical appliance. The following basic precautions
should always be followed:
1. This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children younger than 8)
with reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have supervision.
2. Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance
corresponds to the local main voltage before you
connect the appliance.
3. Do not use the appliance if the plug, the main
cord or the appliance itself is damaged. Always
make sure that the plug is inserted properly into
a wall outlet.
4. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged
cord or plug or after the appliance
malfunctions, or has been damaged in any
manner. Return appliance to the nearest
authorized service facility for examination,
repair or adjustment.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children. Children
should be supervised to ensure that they do
not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user
maintenance shall not be done by children
unless they are older than 8 and
6. Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the
table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
7.To protect against electric shock do not immerse
cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
Do not plug in the appliance or operate the
control panel with wet hands.
8. Never connect this appliance to an external timer
switch or separate remote-control
system in order to avoid a hazardous situation.
To disconnect, turn off the appliance, then
remove plug from wall outlet.
9. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into
a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the
plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug
in any way.
10. Do not place the appliance on or near
combustible materials such as a tablecloth or
curtain. The accessible surfaces may become hot
during use. Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Do not place the appliance against a wall or
against other appliances. Leave at least 4 inches
of free space on the back and sides and 4 inches
of free space above the appliance. Do not place
anything on top of the appliance.
12. Do not use the appliance for any other purpose
than described in this manual. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
13. Do not let the appliance operate unattended.
Extreme caution must be used when moving
an appliance containing hot oil or other hot
14. Do not use outdoors.
15. Do not touch the hot surfaces; use handle.
During hot air frying, hot steam is released
through the air outlet openings. Keep your
hands and face at a safe distance from the steam
and from the air outlet openings. Also be careful
of hot steam and air when you remove the pan
from the appliance.
16. After using the appliance, avoid contact with
the hot metal inside. Unplug from outlet when
not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool
before cleaning the appliance.
17. Immediately unplug the appliance if you see
dark smoke coming out of the appliance. Wait
for the smoke emission to stop, before you
remove the pan from the appliance.
18. For household use only
Before Using The Air Fryer For The First Time
1. Remove all packaging material. Remove any stickers or labels
from the appliance- including the tape securing
the pan to the unit.
2. To pull out the pan for cleaning, remove the tape
securing it into place. Secure the unit with one
hand and pull the handle straight back with the
3. Thoroughly clean the pan and accessories with
hot water, some dishwashing liquid and a
4. Wipe the inside and outside of the appliance with
a moist cloth.
Note: During the first few times of using your new
Air Fryer there might be a “hot plastic” smell.
This is perfectly normal in new Air Fryers as the material
is heated for the first time. It will go away after the first few uses.
Using Your Air Fryer
This is an air fryer that works on hot air.
• Do not fill the pan with oil, frying fat, or any other liquid.
• Do not put anything on top of the appliance
Note: Do not place the appliance against a wall
or against other appliances. It is important to
leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back
and 4 inches of free space above the appliance
to allow for proper ventilation.
1. Place the appliance on a stable, horizontal,
heat-resistant, and leveled surface.
2. Place the ingredients in the pando not overload. Spray with cooking oil for
a crispier finish. Slide the
pan into the air fryer.
3. Plug the Air Fryer into
an electrical wall outlet.
4. To turn on the appliance tap
the power icon.
5. To select a preset, tap the
menu icon, until desired food
The temperature and time
will appear on the screen.
6. To set the temperature and
time manually or to adjust the
preset temperature or time, tap
the +/- icons. Tap Temp/Time
to alternate between setting
temperature and time.
7. To begin the air frying
process tap the power icon.
8. Some recipes or ingredients call for shaking the ingredients halfway through
the preparation time (see ‘Settings Chart’ on page 13).
To shake the ingredients, pull the pan out of the appliance by the handle
and shake it. Then slide the pan back into the air fryer to resume cooking.
Note: After sliding the pan out of the appliance, the display unit will go
into sleep mode, when you return the pan to the appliance, your time
and temperature settings will automatically resume. There is no need
to reset your settings or press start.
9. When your selected cooking time has elapsed the timer bell ring. Pull the
pan out of the appliance and place it on a heat-resistant surface. If you
would like a little more cooking time on the food, simply slide the pan back
into the appliance and set the timer for a few extra minutes.
10. When your food is ready empty the pan
into a bowl or onto a plate using
a pair of tongs; the food and pan will be hot!
NOTE: To avoid scratching the nonstick
surface do not use sharp or metal utensils.
11. When a batch of ingredients is ready, the
air fryer is instantly ready for preparing
another batch. No preheating is neccesary.
Note: To pause the air fryer, tap the power/pause icon.
Tap it again to resume.
To turn off the air fryer, press and hold the power icon. The air fryer
may cool down for 20 seconds before shutting off.
AIR FRYING TIPS
• Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter preparation time
than larger ingredients.
• Shaking smaller ingredients halfway through the preparation time
optimizes the end result and can help prevent unevenly fried ingredients.
• Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to fresh potatoes for a crispy result. Fry your
ingredients in the air fryer within a few minutes after you add the oil.
• Do not prepare extremely greasy ingredients such as sausages in the air
• Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the air fryer.
• Use pre-made dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Pre-made
dough also requires a shorter preparation time than home-made dough.
• Place a baking tin or oven dish in the air fryer pan if you want to bake a cake
or quiche or if you want to fry fragile or filled ingredients.
Note: Because the rapid hot air technology instantly reheats the air inside the
appliance, pulling the pan out of the appliance during use, for a short amount
of time, will not effect the process.
Tip: If you set the timer to half the preparation time, your timer will ring
when you have to shake the ingredients. However, this means that you have
to set the timer again to the remaining preparation time after shaking.
(see ‘Settings Chart’ on page 13).
Tip: If you set the timer to full preparation time, there is no timer bell during
cooking. Before finishing, you can pull out the pan at any time to check the
ingredients cooking condition. The power will shut down automatically
and, will only resume after you slide the pan back into the appliance (timer
always counts down in this situation).
• Do not turn the pan upside down, as any excess oil that has collected on
the bottom of the pan will leak onto the ingredients.
• Do not touch the pan, crisper, rack and skewers after use. Depending on
the type of the ingredients in the air fryer, steam may escape from the pan.
How do I preheat my air fryer?
The air fryer will automatically preheat when you first use it. The display will
change to the time needed until the appliance is ready for use after preheating.
On subsequent uses, if you have not used your air fryer for a while, we recommend that you manually preheat it.
After cooking is complete, how do I remove my food?
When your food is finished cooking, simply remove it from the basket using oven mitts or kitchen towels to protect yourself from burns. Your food will be hot!
How do I use the accessories?
The accessories are designed to give you additional ways to make your foods. Below are some tips for using the accessories. Using them will allow you to prepare different types of foods and snacks with little effort. Simply follow these three easy steps: 1. Place the accessory in the basket/pan as directed in these recipes; 2. Slide the accessory into the appliance; 3. Place your bagged or boxed food on top of or inside of that accessory and air fry as directed in that recipe.
How do I know when my air fryer is preheated?
When you first use your air fryer, it will preheat automatically. If you haven’t used your appliance for a while, or want to preheat it before preparing a quick snack, here’s how: 1. Press the “power/preheat” button on the front of your air fryer
2. The display will display “Preheat in progress…” then “Preheat finished!”
3. Your air fryer is now ready for use. Do not attempt to
start the appliance without preheating.
How do I know when my air fryer is ready for using?
The air fryer will beep and display “Ready for use”. If you want to stop the air fryer, simply press “power/pause”. The display will automatically resume after a few seconds.
How do I clean my air fryer?
It’s easy to clean your air fryer because there are no removable parts that make up the basket, pan, rack and strap. To clean, use a damp cloth or sponge made of dishwasher-safe materials such as microfiber, terry cloth or nylon.
How do I use my Gourmia air fryer?
1. Place the basket in the air fryer.
2. Do not fill the basket more than half full.
3. To adjust airflow, turn the vent at the back of your air fryer to any desired position (there are 4 options). NOTE: If you don’t have an airflow problem, leave the vent in its highest position during use.
4. Select power level and set time by pressing function buttons and enter button as indicated in Settings chart on page 13 and timer chart on page 16 respectively (how to set timer is described on page 15). Note: Timer may vary according to food type and size as well as personal preference (see below).
5. Place food in the basket.
6. Place the air fryer pan in the air fryer to allow heated air to circulate.
7. Use convection function if you want to cook food more quickly by circulating heated air around ingredients (see ‘Convection cooking’ on page 6). Note: The convection function can also be used when using accessories, see instructions for using accessories on page 14.
8. Press power/preheat button and set time as indicated in ‘Settings chart’ on page 13, or follow instructions for setting timer on page 15 for individual recipes (timer chart is given on page 16).
9. Close the lid and lock it by sliding latch down.
10. Set timer to 30 minutes as indicated in ‘Settings chart’ on page 13.
11. When time has elapsed, press power/preheat button to assist start button until you hear a noise and see the display turn off indicating that selected button was pressed.
12. Remove pan from air fryer, if desired, and wipe suction cup or grate clean with a damp sponge or cloth made of dishwasher-safe materials such as microfiber, terry cloth or nylon moistened with water only (never use alcohol or other cleaners!).
13. Slide the pan back into appliance. See ‘When t’s time to clean’ below.
14. After using the accessories, first slide out pan then remove accessory (see page 14 for details).
15. Press power/preheat button to start the appliance (see page 13 for details).
16. When you are done, press power/pause button to deactivate the air fryer and stop cooking if your food is not ready yet (see page 13 for details).
17. Carry the air fryer by two hands under bottom cover with vent end facing down so no oil spills from vents and will not damage appliances or surfaces.
18. Remove the basket and close appliance.
19. Clean the basket and pan used for use with accessories before storing or bringing them back to appliance for next use.
20. Air fryer may be left on when appliances are not in use, but it is recommended that you keep it in a dry location (e.g., oven on low setting or over a sink). Make sure to remove all food from the air fryer before leaving your house if this is not possible, as oil stored in the appliance may cause a fire if someone should spark or make contact with it.
Can I preheat an empty air fryer?
Preheating the air fryer is an important step in the cooking process. Pressing the power/preheat button will turn your air fryer on and preheat it at a medium level for 10 minutes. When you are ready to cook, press power/preheat button again to turn off the appliance. This type of timing allows you to prepare and place ingredients in your basket before preheating begins.
Does it matter if there is space between the accessory and food?
The amount of space matters depending on what you are cooking because certain ingredients require more room than others (see ‘settings chart’ on page 13 for details).
How often should I grease the accessory?
Use a very small amount of vegetable oil on the accessory (1 teaspoon or less) to avoid using too much or having the food stick. See page 14 for details on using accessories.
What if I accidentally start the appliance without putting my food in the basket?
When you press power/start and then enter, it will activate an audible tone and vibration in both vents that confirm your selection and shut off your device. Once you have started cooking and you put a pan of food inside, you will hear an audible tone and vibration in both vents that confirm that your food is in place.
Are you supposed to preheat an air fryer?
Yes. Preheating the air fryer is an important step in the cooking process. If you place hot food in a cold air fryer, the temperature of your food will drop too quickly and it may not cook properly or evenly. By preheating your air fryer to a medium level for 10 minutes and letting it cool down before using, you prevent this from happening.
What is convection?
Convection refers to circulating hot air around ingredients to cook them more quickly by moving heated air around them (convecting). You can use this function when preparing your main dish, or when cooking any pan accessories.
This Limited Warranty is for one full year from the date
of purchase. It is applicable to the original purchaser
only and is not transferable to a third party user. Repair
or replacement of defective parts is solely at the seller’s
discretion. In the event that repair isn’t possible, the
seller will replace the product/part. If product repair/
replacement won’t suffice, the seller has the option of
refunding the cash value of the product or component
Product defects not covered under the Warranty
provisions include normal wear and damage incurred
from use or accidental negligence, misuse of instruction
specifications or repair by unauthorized parties.
The manufacturing company is not liable for any
incidental or consequential damages incurred by such